Thursday, August 16, 2012

Conversation With the Boys: Empathy Edition

[I was having a rough day]

J: Mom, are you okay?

Me: Not really.

J: What's wrong?

Me: Do you ever feel sad, but you don't know why you feel sad, so you can't fix it?

J: Yeah.

Me: That's how I'm feeling.

J: Why?

Me (smiling a bit): I just said I don't know why!

J: Oh, right.

[A comes in]

A: What are you guys talking about?

Me: Do you ever get sad, but you don't know why you're sad?

A: Yeah.

Me: That's how I feel right now.

A: Why?

J: She just told you she doesn't KNOW why.

Me: Yeah, so I think I'm going to lie down for a bit.

J: Do you want us to rub your shoulders?

Me: No ... I just need some down time.

J: We could put on some Buffy and I could bring you a glass of wine.

Me: I think I'd like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment