Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Conversation With a 7-Year-Old: Wordplay Edition

Me: Okay, I'm off. Have a good day!

A: My goal is to always preserve the ice.

Me: Huh?

A: Like, even if there are two spaces, I put more water in.

Me: Oh, you always refill the ice tray? Good job.

A: And it's cool, because then some water goes over the ice that is already in there, and it makes new ice, and then when you take out a square later, when you put it in your drink, it cracks where the new water went.

Me: So it's like a science experiment?

A: Right! [slow, mischievous grin spreads across his face] But the other fun thing to make is ... MICE!!

Me: Huh?

A: Do you know what "mice" is?

Me: No, tell me.

A: It's [raises one palm] milk, that you freeze into [raises other palm] ice. Milk-Ice. Mice!

Me: That's awesome. Ok, I should go to work. Have a good day. Make some mice!

A: Oh, I already did that. You have a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment