Friday, November 16, 2012

Conversation With a 9-Year-Old: Pop Music Edition

[I emerge from the bathroom to discover that my son has YouTubed "Love the Way You Lie]

Me [after song ends]: Okay, if you're going to listen to Eminem, let me find you some earlier stuff.

J: No, I'm looking for something!

Me: No, it's my turn.

J: Hang on, I just want to find this one song.

[I look and he has typed "just" into the search field]

Me: If it's "Just", by Radiohead, I'll listen to that.

J: It's not.

Me: Well, it better not be Justin Bieber.

J: No! It's "Just Beat It".

Me: Oh, the name of that song is just "Beat It".

J: Right ...?

Me: I mean, just type in "Beat It".

J: Oh, okay.

Me: And now we should probably discuss the "Love the Way You Lie" video ...

Both kids [talking over each other]: Mo-ooom, we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment