Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Conversation With a 7-Year-Old: Onion Edition

Me: What do you want for lunch?

A: Can I have that bread thing? That's like a bread, but made with eggs?

Me: ...?

A: An omelette?

Me: Sure, you can have an omelette. I'll put in some meat, okay? And some cheese and veggies. Do you want some peppers and zucchini?

A: No! But can I have ... what are those green things that I was eating at Grandma's all the time, from the garden? Not peppers, but ...

Me: Green onions?

A: Yep.

Me: We don't have green onions, but I could fry up a regular onion and some garlic to put in. And maybe some broccoli?

A: Okay.

My Mom: Boy, there aren't many kids your age that like onions so much.

A: But onions are precious!

Me: Onions are precious?

A: Yes! [singing, to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy]: Onions are so precious, they're little and they're cute! They are really yu-uh-mmy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment